Other People’s Experiences – Yolanda
Last year, 200 people gathered on Playa Dorada in Playa Blanca, and performed a flashmob dance. This was all organised by the lovely bubbly Yolanda. Here is her story… happy reading!
Yolanda was no stranger to the Canary Islands and visited Gran Canaria regularly over the years, from her home in Catalonia. However in 2010, she and her sister spotted a discounted holiday in Lanzarote and so decided to give it a go. They landed in the December, and headed down towards Playa Blanca. Yolanda laughs as she remembrs being horrified on the drive towards Yaiza… as she felt the Island was barren and ugly (a reaction a number of visitors have at first). However, they had such an amazing time here that when it was time to leave… Yolanda really did not want to go. Thre was something magica about Lanzarote and it had hooked her completely.
Yolanda and her sister flew back to Catalonia. However, as soon as they were home… Yolnada booked a flight straight back (alone this time). She arrived in January 2011, with a bundle of CVs and her biggest smile – determined to drop everything as soon as she found a job. She organised a couple of sample events in Arrecife and Yaiza… and moved over permanently on March 4th 2011. She soon landed herself a job at Montaña Villas and Pools in Playa Blanca… where she worked whilst setting up the dance studio in Playa Blanca.
Yolanda’s Aerodance studio runs various classes from Aerotono to Yoga… and with hours to suit most people. You simply buy a ticket for €25 whch entitles you to 8 classes… and away you go!
Yolanda has such a bubbly personality and is so enthusiastic that it is no surprise that she has made friends quickly here. She explained that she had been helped so much by people since she arrved… and was pleasnatly surprised by how many British people have got involved and been supportive.
Yolanda’s Aerodance Studio has its grand opening on 14th April. There will be free classes for people to try – and Yolanda would like to welcome everyone… from kiddies to adults.
Enjoy the photos and scroll down further for a short video of the Flashmob event
Leave a Reply
- pauline greenhalgh on Jobs in Lanzarote – July 2012
- admin on Missing Person – Anthony Paul Proud
- chritine angus on Missing Person – Anthony Paul Proud
- Jason-Robert Hardy on Lanzarote Jobs
- David Martin on Lanzarote Jobs
- Kerri Sullivan on Lanzarote Jobs
- janet macken on Jobs in Lanzarote – July 2012
- Eileen Molyneux on New Baptist Church Services
- Ryan McArthur on Lanzarote Jobs
- Andrew Penfold on Lanzarote Jobs
- Charity Fun Day – 18th August 2012
- 5 Reasons Why Lanzarote is Better That The UK at Christmas
- Iceland Summer Offers and more…
- Jobs in Lanzarote – July 2012
- Applying for Residencia online (Teguise)
- Jobs in Lanzarote – July 19th 2012
- New Rules for Residency. July 2012.
- Jobs in Lanzarote – July 30th 2012
- We’ve Moved!
- Jobs in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote – April 2012