Other People’s Experiences – Ray & Jen
We had great pleasure in meeting with Ray and Jen recently… and they have kindly agreed to share their experiences with you on here. Ray & Jen moved to Playa Blanca this summer, and have set up a new business selling water filters in Lanzarote. These water filters enable you to drink the local tap water here – so no more lugging huge heavy bottles of water back from the supermarket. We’ve tasted the water, and it’s great! As if you would need any more reasons to speak to Ray & Jen… the price of these water filter systems is extremely reasonable. Had we not already sorted our own system out, before they arrived – we would have been buying one of these ourselves! Happy reading!
Ray Allum and Jen Gardiner
Where did you move to Lanzarote from?
When was this?
Where on the Island do you live now?
Did anyone move over with you?
Why did you decide to move to Lanzarote?
We had holidayed here for the last 8 years and fell in love with the Island.
How long before deciding to move, did you actually arrive?
About 4 years
Is there anything you miss from UK?
Friends and Family
How often do you return to UK?
Probably about twice a year
What are the real benefits to you personally in having made the move?
A considerably less stressful life, and plenty of sunshine.
What are the downsides if any, of having made the move?
TELEFONICA and Manaña
Your friends in Lanzarote – what country are they from, predominantly?
Could you speak Spanish before you arrived?
A little mainland conversational
How is your Spanish now?
A little colloquial Spanish
Is your lifestyle healthier, or less healthier, since moving to Lanzarote?
A lot healthier. We eat a lot better and walk a great deal more than we used to
With hindsight, is there anything you would have done differently?
Tell us about what you do for a living here?
We have started a business selling filters that allow you to drink the local mains water from the tap.
Will you stay living in Lanzarote?
We can’t imagine ever going back to the U.K.
What is your website address where people can contact you?
Our heartfelt thanks to Ray and Jen for taking the time to share their experiences with us, and for also providing a photo… so that you can see their happy faces. We wish them both all the very best of luck as they settle into their new home, and for the future success of their business. Elle & Alan
4 Responses to Other People’s Experiences – Ray & Jen
Leave a Reply
- pauline greenhalgh on Jobs in Lanzarote – July 2012
- admin on Missing Person – Anthony Paul Proud
- chritine angus on Missing Person – Anthony Paul Proud
- Jason-Robert Hardy on Lanzarote Jobs
- David Martin on Lanzarote Jobs
- Kerri Sullivan on Lanzarote Jobs
- janet macken on Jobs in Lanzarote – July 2012
- Eileen Molyneux on New Baptist Church Services
- Ryan McArthur on Lanzarote Jobs
- Andrew Penfold on Lanzarote Jobs
- Charity Fun Day – 18th August 2012
- 5 Reasons Why Lanzarote is Better That The UK at Christmas
- Iceland Summer Offers and more…
- Jobs in Lanzarote – July 2012
- Applying for Residencia online (Teguise)
- Jobs in Lanzarote – July 19th 2012
- New Rules for Residency. July 2012.
- Jobs in Lanzarote – July 30th 2012
- We’ve Moved!
- Jobs in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote – April 2012